Thursday, October 14, 2010

Goodbye Summer :(

I have finally resigned myself to the fact that there will be no more warm days, and it is officially Fall.  It occurred this morning when I checked the weather on my iTouch before leaving for work.  The screen said 0 degrees Celsius.  That is 32 degrees Fahrenheit for the Americans.  I still have not worn my winter coat yet, though.  I am not quite ready to do that.  Only 42 days until I leave for South Africa, where it will be summer again! 

Gayle and I had an adventure on Saturday: a shopping trip to IKEA.  The IKEA in Dusseldorf is supposed to be the largest one in Europe.  From my observations, though, it seemed to be about the same size as the IKEAs in the US.  However, when I think about the size of grocery stores, etc in Europe, perhaps the size of an IKEA here is surprising and overwhelming to Europeans.  They are not accustomed to Targets and Wal-Marts like we are. 

We had to take a train and then a bus to get to IKEA.  Then, after making a few purchases and eating the Swedish meatballs for lunch, we called a taxi to drive us and our new items home.  We didn't buy anything too large, so the taxi worked just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment